About the Print:
Our Tukula print is a playful interpretation of kuba cloth - a textile traditionally handwoven by the Kuba people of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Kuba cloth is woven using the strands from raffia palm leaves that are then dyed using natural dyes. This fabric originated in the 17th century and is characterized by bold patterns that suggest movement. Of the 17 ways that a design can be repetitively varied on a surface, the Kuba people have exploited twelve in their cloths! Amazing. Historically, the Kuba people have used these cloths as wrappers, skirts, sleeping mats and even currency. We've named this print "Tukula,” the Bakuba word for the red pigment obtained from the heartwood of indigenous trees and traditionally applied to art and cloth created by the Kuba people.
About the Style:
Our Sleeveless Romper is the perfect summer outfit that makes dressing baby super easy! Made from organic cotton, this romper is comfortable, soft and safe for your baby's skin. It’s an adorable one-piece that keeps baby cool and comfortable, free to enjoy some fun in the sun. Also fits easily into a diaper bag as a great on-the-go backup outfit.
- Super soft and lightweight 100% organic cotton
- Functional wooden buttons down the front for ease getting over baby’s head
- Snaps on bottom so changing is a breeze
- Printed label on inside back to keep baby comfortable
- Machine washable for easy care
Colors may vary slightly from how they appear on a computer/smartphone screen.
Due to the nature of fabrics and print processes, this print may or may not be the exact same shade, hue, or tone of a previous release of this same print.
To maintain the quality, color and feel of your clothing we recommend the following wash instructions:
- Machine wash cold, inside out with like colors
- Use normal or mild detergent
- Reshape while damp. Tumble dry on low heat.
- Do not iron on print. Do not bleach.
*Organic Cotton may shrink with washing, because it is not chemically treated.