My mission with this design has been to celebrate these individuals as ARTISTS and as WOMEN. It feels critical to note both aspects of their identities because as we know, the path to success is still more difficult for women, especially BIPOC and LGBTQIA women.
One of the things that felt important to me when creating this design was to not only depict artists that are household names, but to use the design as an educational tool to introduce the viewer to artists they may have not yet discovered.
This shirt depicts:
- Guerrilla Girls
- Ruth Asawa
- Ana Mendieta
- Wendy Red Star
- Georgia O'Keeffe
- Mickalene Thomas
- Greer Lankton
- Tracy Emin
- Beverly Buchanan
This is the tee that you've been looking for, and it's bound to become a favorite in any youngster's wardrobe. It's light, soft, and comes with a unique design that stands out from the crowd wherever you go!
Printed on white t's in sizes 2T - Youth XL (18-20)
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic Heather is 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz/yd² (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• 32 singles
• Relaxed unisex fit
• Side-seamed construction
• Blank product sourced from Nicaragua, the US, or Honduras