Home Sweet Homegrown
Written by Robyn Jasko + Illustrated by Jennifer Biggs.
Homesweet Homegrown: How to Grow, Make, and Store Your Own Food.
This succinct handbook is packed with practical information that will inspire and enable those who want to grow their own food and venture down the path of food independence. This handy guidebook to modern homesteading covers it all, from choosing and starting seeds to preserving the harvest, pickling, canning, fermenting and freezing your garden fresh veggies to have access to organic, homegrown food all year long.
Also features DIY projects for seed starting, grow kit light setups, easy irrigation systems, designs for upcycling old furniture into gardening stations, recipes for homemade organic plant sprays, charts listing dollars-and-cents breakdowns of homegrown versus store-bought produce, and growing guides for fruits or vegetables.
- Grow Guides by vegetable tell you how to grow tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, lettuce, kale and more.
- More than 50+ tasty and creative recipes for using your extra garden produce or CSA stash.
- DIY project section
- Companion plant, interplanting, and succession planting guides and charts
- Seed starting guides to grow anything on the cheap
- Guide to organic growing and methods
- Common garden pests and organic ways to treat them
- Resources for the best non-gmo seed companies and products